Sumedh Khushal Hadke
Centre of Indian Languages
School of Language, Literature and Cultural Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Translation Technology
- Machine Translation
- Corpus Linguistics
- Indian Language Technology
- Indian culture and lit.
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Hindi Translation at Centre of Indian Languages, SLL&CS Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (topic:“An Evaluation of English- Hindi Machine Translation Systems” under the supervision of Prof. Devendra Kumar Choubey and Dr. Girish Nath Jha. (2012-2016)
- M.Phil Submitted in Hindi Translation at Centre of Indian Languages, SLL&CS, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (topic: “Corpora Based Hindi–English Noun Phrase Mapping for Machine Translation”) in consultation with Prof. Chaman Lal and Dr. Girish Nath Jha. (2012)
- M.A. in Translation Technology from Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (Maharashtra) in 2010.
- B.A. in (English Literature) from Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (Maharashtra) in 2008.
- Intermediate, Higher Secondary Education from Nagpur Board, (Maharashtra) in 2005..
- Secondary School Education from Nagpur Board, (Maharashtra) in 2003.
Research Papers and Articles:
- “Bhartiya parivesh main bhasha, Samaj, Sanskriti aur Skisha ka Anter: sambhand”, Co-author with Prakash Kamble in Gaveshna, Vol .99, a journal of Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra, 2011.
- “Using the ILCI Annotation Tool for POS Annotation: A Case of Hindi”, Ritesh Kumar, Shiv Kaushik, Pinkey Nainwani, Esha Banerjee, Sumedh Hadke, Girish Nath Jha, International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Applications (IJCLA), VOL. 3, NO. 2, JUL-DEC 2012, PP. 93–104, guest editor: Yasunari Harada, Editor in-chief: Alexander Gelbukh, Bahri Publications, Delhi, ISSN: 0976-0962.
- “Evaluation of Hindi-English MT Systems”, Atul Kr Ojha, Akanskha Bansal, Sumedh Hadke, Girish Nath Jha, proceedings of the "2nd Workshop on Indian Language Data Resource and Evaluation" held under LREC at Reykjavik, Iceland, 26-31 May 2014.
- “Mashini anuvaad ke dwara karpora adharit Hindi-Angreji anudit vakyon kaa truti vishleshan” chapter in the book titled ‘Samkalin Vaigyanik Anusandhan’ (edit. board), DRDO publication, (Min. of Defence) Delhi, 2013, ISBN:9788186514382
- Operating Systems: Windows -2000, XP and fundamentals of computer
- Programming Languages: C, C++
- Scripting Language: HTML
Research and Work Experience:
- Worked as Jr. Linguist in ILCI [Indian Languages Corpora Initiative] project sponsored by DIT at Special centre for Sanskrit Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University [JNU, New Delhi] ( May 2011- Nov 2011)
- Worked as an Online Jr. Translator in PCRF [Public Cause Research Foundation NGO] Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, UP. (June 2009-July 2010)
- English to Hindi Translation Course work Project “Indian Rail and Official Language Hindi” (Special reference to Central Railway) Nagpur. ( 2010)
- Computer Project work – “Morphological analyzer for Hindi” submitted at LILA, Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (Maharashtra), 2010.
- Participated in “3 day Workshop on Sharda Script Learning’ at Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies, JNU, New Delhi on 8-10th Nov 2013.
- Participated in Workshop on “The use of Linguistics for speech technology applications” at Centre for Linguistics, JNU, New Delhi on oct.31st, 2012.
- Participated in Seminar-Cum-Workshop on “Comparative Literature, Translation and Interdisciplinary Studies” at Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi on 5th October, 2012.
- Participated in “Author Workshop” at JNU, New Delhi on sep. 20, 2012.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Shodh pravidhi: Swaroop aur Sidhant” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha on 29-31 August, 2012.
- Participated in Microsoft Translator Workshop on “Language Technology and English-Urdu Machine Translation” at Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies, JNU, New Delhi On 26-27th July, 2012.
- Participated in workshop on “Hundred Years of Women Struggle” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2010)
- Participated in National Conference of “Pavitra Dalit Parivar” at Nagpur (oct-2010)
- Participated in “3rd Student’s Conference of Linguistic in India (SCONLI-3)” at JNU, New Delhi (2009)
- Participated in one month theatre workshop with B.V.KARANT NATYA PARISHAD & Performed in BAKARI DRAMA at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
- Participated National Seminar in “Text Analysis & Translation Evaluation” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
- Participated National Workshop on “Manak Hindi Ucchyaran, Vartani & Lipyantaran” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
- Participated National Workshop on “Scientific Translation” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
- Participated International Seminar in “Hind Swaraj” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
- Participated in National Seminar in “Narrative Performance–Representation Inter-Relating Perspective from India & Iran” at Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha (2009)
Awards & Fellowships:
- Qualified UGC-NET (Linguistics) and awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by University Grants Commission in June- 2011.
- Selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship by University Grants Commission for the year 2011-2012.
- Marathi (Native), English, Hindi