Major areas of interest: Natural Language Processing, Syntactic Annotation, Machine Translation, Language Technology and Resources Creation.
Other Research interests: Language Documentation, speech processing, syntax and Psycholingusitics
Ph.D(Linguistics)- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. (pursuing)
M.Phil(Linguistics)- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. (2015)
M.A (Linguistics)- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. (2013)
B.A. (Eng. Hons.)- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. (2011)
Awarded Protecting Human Research Participant (PHRP) from The National Institute of Health (NIH) office and Extramural Research on 25th November, 2014 (Certificate no. 1625631).
UGC NET qualified for JUNE 2013 examination (e-certificate no. 131022982).
Awarded with B.H.U medal for securing 1st position in M.A. Linguistics, 2013 examination.
Operating systems : Linux, WINDOWS - XP, Vista, 7,8
Programming languages : C++, JAVA
Technical skills : MS Office, MS Excel, Notepad (++), Corel
Familiar tools : Audacity, Toolbox, PRAAT
| Experience and Research
- Worked as Speech annotator (part-time) at EZ Data Intelligence consultancy for research in smart text processors fo,r medical domain (Oct 2013- Nov 2016).
- Worked as Linguist at DIETY sponsored Indian Language Corpora Initiative project (ILCI), Phase-2 (December 2014-Novemcer 2016).
- Submitted Maters in Philosophy (M.Phil) Dissertation entitled as “Challenges in Automatic POS Tagging of Indian Languages -A Comparative Study of Hindi and Bhojpuri” (2015).
- Taught B.A Optional course on Contrastive Linguistics at Centre for linguistics, Jawaharlal Nehru University (Winter semester 2016)
- Taught B.A Optional courses on Introduction to Linguistics at Centre for linguistics, Jawaharlal Nehru University (Monsoon semester 2014 & 2015).
- M.A. Dissertation work entitled as A Priliminary Analysis On Google Translate (2013).
- “Valance Annotaion of Hindi on TypeCraft” (Srishti Singh). In proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Indian Language Data: Resources and Evaluation (WILDRE-3), Tenth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2016. (ISBN 978-2-9517408-9-1)
- “A Hybrid Chunker of Hindi and Indian English” (Atul Ojha, Srishti Singh, Pitambar Behera and Girish Nath Jha). In proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Indian Language Data: Resources and Evaluation (WILDRE-3), Tenth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2016. (ISBN 978-2-9517408-9-1)
- “Training and Evaluation of POS Tagger in Indo-Aryan Languages: A Case of Hindi, Odia and Bhojpuri” (Atul Ojha, Pitambar Behera and Srishti Singh). In Proceedings of 7th Language & Technology Conference: Human Language Technology as a Challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics (LTC 2015). (ISBN 978-83-932640-8-7)
- “Statistical tagger for Bhojpuri: Employing Support Vector Machine” (Srishti Singh and Girish Nath Jha). In Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI 2015). ( ISBN 978-1-4799-8791-7)
- “Indian languages on the TypeCraft platform – the case of Hindi and Odia” (Girish Nath Jha, Lars Hellan, Dorothee Beermann, Srishti Singh, Pitambar Behera and Esha Banerjee). In Proceedings of 2nd Workshop on Indian Language Data: Resources and Evaluation (WILDRE-2), Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2014. (ISBN 978-2-9517408-8-4)
- “Annotating Bhojpuri Corpus Using BIS Scheme” (Srishti Singh and Esha Banerjee) in Proceedings of 2nd Workshop on Indian Languages Data: Resource and Evaluation (WILDRE-2), Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2014. (ISBN 978-2-9517408-8-4)
- “Web Drawn Corpus for Bhojpuri” (Srishti Singh) in National Seminar on Modern perspective of NLP for Hindi & other Indian Languages at MGAHV, Wardha (17th-19th August 2016).
- “Annotated Hindi Corpus for Cricket Domain” (Anupama Pandey & Srishti Singh) in National Seminar on Modern perspective of NLP for Hindi & other Indian Languages at MGAHV, Wardha (17th-19th August 2016).
- “Sanskrit in Varanasi: A Struggle For Survival” in Endangered And Lesser Known Languages: Challenges And Responses (ELKL) at Lucknow University (11th – 13th October, 2012).
- “22nd International Conference of Vedanta” at Jawaharlal Nehru University (27th – 30th December, 2015).
- “Regional Symposium on Natural language Processing” at IIT BHU (21st-22nd March, 2015).
- “The Language, Emotion and Cultural National Seminar” at IIT, Delhi (24th-25th February, 2014).
- “National Seminar on ‘Diversity and Dialogue”. Translation among Indian Languages” organized by NBT,
MHRD and IGNOU in New Delhi World Book Fare (February, 2014).
- Volunteered “18th-Himalayan Languages Symposium” at BHU, Varanasi (10th -12th September, 2012).
- Volunteered “SCONLI-6” at BHU, Varanasi (17th-19th February, 2012).
- A 15 days “workshop for English and Academic Writing: from Synopsis to Thesis” organized by LEC at JNU (1st - 15th May, 2015).
- A two day “Third Workshop on Sharada Script Learning” at SCSS, JNU (12th-13th September, 2014).
- A two day “Second Workshop on Sharada Script Learning” at SCSS, JNU (18th-19th February, 2014).
- A two day “Workshop on Science and Technology for Sanskrit” at SCSS, JNU (10th-12th March, 2014).
|Extra Curricular Activities:|
- Participated in Mass yoga (17th to 21st June 2017) and International Yoga day (21st June 2017) at JNU, New Delhi.
- Participated in the “Training in Self Defence Technique” sponsored by SPUWAC, Delhi Police (24 Dec 2016-10 Jan 2017) at JNU, New Delhi.
- Two year training in Bharatnatyam (2014-2016) at Delhi Malyalee Association.
- Anchored the Cultural Event of 18th Himalayan Languages Symposium (10-12 September, 2012) at BHU, Varanasi.
- Won many prizes at BHU in College events and Inter Faculty Competitions (SPANDAN) for Rangoli, collage, sketching, poster making during UG and PG courses at BHU, Varanasi (2011-2013).