M.Phil: JNU, New Delhi, 2011(expected) in Linguistics (Computational Linguistics)
M.A.: English and Foreign Languages University (formerly CIEFL), Hyderabad, 2009 in Linguistics
B.A. : St. Xavier's College (University of Calcutta), 2007 in English (Hons.)
October 2010-present: Working full time as Senior Linguist on the Indian Languages Corpora Initiative (ILCI) project undertaken by a collaboration of leading universities in India (D.I.T. funded, Govt. of India). Job includes tagging, annotation and evaluation of data.
October 2009-Ocotober 2010: Worked part time as Junior Linguist on the Indian Languages Corpora Initiative (ILCI) project. Job included linguistic translation of Hindi data into English.
August 2008- June 2009: Freelance consultant with various industry leaders for annotation services.
January 2008 - April 2008: Machine Translation - Have worked on a Multilingual-Dictionary Tool as part of an assignment in the Computational Linguistics course during masters. Work included annotation and glossing of Hindi text.
Areas of Interest: Syntactic Annotation, Machine Translation, Localization, Indian Language Technology (English, Hindi)
• POS workshop for ILCI corpora held at Gujrat University, Ahmedabad, 28-30 September, 2010
• The 4th International Sanskrit Computational Linguistics Symposium (4i-SCLS) held at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi during December 10-12, 2010.
Computer Skills / Software Familiarity:
• OS: Microsoft Windows (XP to 7), Linux (version SUSE 10.1)
• Software Packages: Comfortable working with Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access). Have working knowledge of Praat, Toolbox, Audacity sound editing software, EditPlus text editor (version 3.10)
• Programming Language: Basic knowledge of Java
Languages known: Hindi (Native), Bengali, English