Summary of Resume:
- Ph.D., Applied Linguistics, University of Hyderabad, 1999.
- PGDTS, Translation Studies, University of Hyderabad, 1995.
- M.Phil., Applied Linguistics, University of Hyderabad, 1992.
- M.A., Linguistics, Bharathiar University, 1990.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Dravidian and Computational Linguistics , Dravidian University
- Guest Faculty, Centre for ALTS, University of Hyderabad
- Member Research Staff, AU-KBC Research Centre, Anna University
- Project Fellow, Department of Linguistics , Tamil University
- Language Assistant-Tamil, DoE Project, CIIL, Mysore
- Resource Person: IndoWordNet, Indian Languages Corpora Initiative Workshops
- Facilitator: Workshop on Tamil Computational Linguistics, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, 9-14 July 2012
- Resource Person: Curriculum Design, Workshop to Design Curriculum on Linguistics & Language Technology, Central University of Kerala, Kasargod, 04-Jun-12
- Dy.Coordinator, MS Computational Linguistics & IT, Innovative Programme-UGC
- Reviewer, Semantics, The 5th International Joint Conference on NLP (Semantics Track), Thailand, 8-13 Nov 2011
- Reviewer & Programme Committee Member, The 5th Global WordNet Conference, IIT-Bombay, 31 Jan – 4-Feb-11
- Resource Person, Tamil POS, Workshop on Grammatical Tagging in Classical Tamil, Central Institute for Classical Tamil, Mar-10
- Resource Person, Natural Language ToolKit, Summer Institute, NLSI, CIIL, 24-25 Jun-07
National: 4 International: 2 (as coordinator)
Seminars: 2 (as Dy.cooridnator)
Completed Projects: 3
RESEARCH STUDENTS UNDER SUPERVISION:
Ph.D (Part-time): 3
M.Phil/Ph.D Integrated (Full-time): 1
Dictionaries: 6 volumes (as technical coordinator)
In Journals/Proceedings: 14
Papers presented in conferences/seminars: 21
SPECIAL LECTURES DELIVERED: 10
- Member, Project Review and Supervisory Group (PRSG), MHRD Project on Creation of Machine Translation Tools from English to Dravidian Languages, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore (from 31.05.2012)
- Member, Board of Studies in Linguistics, The MS University of Baroda (from 1.9.2011)
- Member, Board of Studies in Linguistics, Mysore University (from 20.10.2010)
- Life Member, Dravidian Linguistics Association
- Life Member, Linguistic Society of India
- Life Member, Journal of Tamil Studies
- Award for the best research paper presented at the 26th All India Conference of Dravidian Linguists held at the PS Telugu University, Hyderabad during 18-20 June 1998.
- Merit Scholarship for Ph.D. research work from the Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore from September 1995 to September 1997.
- First rank in M.Phil 1992
- Award for the President Scout in the year 1984.